The intent of The Renaissance Foundation (“TRF”) is to make a significant difference in the lives of people in need, especially in the areas of education, human services and environment. TRF generally funds projects/programs in the Portland Metro area as well as National/International programs.
First time applicants or those who have not been funded in the past should initially submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). Applicants who have received funding in the past may submit a GRANT PROPOSAL. Requests for capital expenses or contributions to capital campaigns are generally not considered.
The LOI (no more than two pages in font size 12) should include the following information:
- A description of the project/program for which support is being requested including the number and the nature of the intended beneficiaries.
- The anticipated outcomes of the project/program.
- How your organization impacts your community/constituency.
- A brief project/program budget including the amount being requested.
- Name, title and email address of your principal contact.
- A roster of the board of directors.
In addition to the above, GRANT PROPOSALS should include the following information:
- A short narrative (no more than 3 pages) describing your organization’s history and achievements.
- An operating and project budget identifying the program or project’s income and expenses for its fiscal year with most recent audited financial statements.
- A copy of the letter of tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Copies of recent relevant articles or other publicity about the program or organization.
The Board meets three times per year to review grant proposals. All proposals received will be responsded to within three to six months of receipt.
For questions or additional information, please use our contact form.
TRF also has a scholarship program. TRF offers a renewable scholarship awarded to first generation college freshmen and sophomores, who demonstrate financial need, a passion for their field of study, and who have shown academic achievement. Scholarships are renewable for up to four years provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA or better, completes 12 or more credits each term, and funding is available. Additional information about our scholarship program can be obtained by contacting the foundation.